This week’s happenings in the Park Street Business District: View Calendar
It’s not often that there are so many changes on one street. But if you walk along Santa Clara Avenue from Oak Street to Broadway, you’ll notice a number of transformations… new businesses have opened, some businesses are being remodeled, and more businesses are soon to be opened.
The next time you’re on Santa Clara Ave, look for these changes: A quality custom tattoo parlor (“the East Bay’s biggest and cleanest”) is now located above American Oak. Park Place Tavern and Sakura Sushi Bar & Grill are both under construction. On the other side of Park Street, a new hair salon has opened next to Razor’s Edge. And the Alameda Hotel Apartments management team has announced seven new businesses along the ground floor (although not all are open for business at this time).
The Park Street Business Association welcomes the following new businesses to Downtown Alameda’s historic shopping district:
Alameda Bagels & Donuts, 1227 Park Street (formerly Boogie Woogie Bagel Boy)
* New name and expanded menu… fresh bagels AND DONUTS
Country Grill, 1415 Broadway Suite K
* Catering truck specializing in locally sourced rotisserie chicken and more.
GreytFox Threads, 2546 Santa Clara Ave
* Custom embroidery and screenprinting.
Honey Salon, 2516 Santa Clara Ave #B
* Glamorous hair and make-up by stylists Nicole Van Alstyne and Jone Stebbins.
NORA Spanish Cuisine, 1415 Broadway Suite K
* Catering service specializing in paella, tapas, and Spanish influenced cuisine.
Tiger’s Blood Social Club, 2319 Santa Clara Ave #B
* Fine art, quality custom tattooing, high-end body piercing, and jewelry.
New Associate Members:
Alameda Personal Training, alamedapersonaltraining.com
* Personal trainer dedicated to functional, efficient fitness. Individual training, partner training, and group training available.
Alameda Eyes Optometry, 1432 Park Street
Hair House, 2313 Santa Clara Ave #A (aka Xuan’s Beauty Salon)
More Businesses In the Works: Read the rest of this entry »