The Park Street Business District is looking cheerful this holiday season thanks to all the businesses that have decorated their windows. Our blue ribbon committee took a stroll the other night and came up with a list of standouts. The judges’ criteria for selection included unique displays (not just trees and lights) that worked for both daytime and nighttime. We hope you will stop by each of the businesses and take a look. You might find your own favorites.
Congratulations to the following businesses for their fun displays!
- Dog Bone Alley, 1342 Park Street – “Cute doggies! I want to take them all home with me!”
- Toy Safari, 1410 Park Street – “Every kid’s dream! Definitely took a lot of work to set the displays!”
- Park Street Antiques, 1519 Park Street – “Love how items from the store were used!”
- Rocket Reuse, 1355 Park Street – “I remember Christmases like that! There’s even milk and cookies for Santa!”
- Silk Road, 1412 Park Street – “Adorable! Great stockings!”
- Bead Inspirations, 1544 Park Street – “Simple yet elegant! “
For more photos… view the Park Street Holiday Window Contest photo gallery.
Get Your Ice On!
Friday, December 16, is the opening day of “The Little Ice Rink” located at 1600 Park Street (the former Good Chevrolet lot). Take a spin around the 3,000 ft ice rink or come out to watch. Special performances featuring a US Medalist & Holiday on Ice Star, and local skaters. Skate with Santa. Live music. Skate rentals, treats, and swag will be available for purchase. Proceeds benefit charities supported by the Perforce Foundation. Hours of operation: www.thelittleicerink.com
Bring the kids to visit olde-world Santa at the Alameda Theatre & Cineplex on Saturday and Sunday (December 17 and 18). Santa will be handing out treats in the lobby from 12:30pm to 7:30pm.
For more holiday activities in the Park Street Business District, visit the PSBA website at www.ShopParkStreet.com/news.
And don’t forget… the parking meters are free on Saturday! We wish you a happy holiday!