Shop Local, Shop Park Street!
What is “Small Business Saturday”?
Small Business Saturday takes place between Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Instead of high-tailing to the nearest mega-mall or buying online for the holidays, gift buyers are encouraged to seek out independently-operated, local merchants.
Businesses in the Park Street Business District are an important part of your community. They support our local economy year-round, so let’s support them during this holiday season.
5 reasons to shop local:
- Our merchants offer unique products and services, outstanding AND PERSONAL customer assistance, and a high level of expertise in their field. Plus, local businesses help create a unique community identity.
- Many of our merchants contribute to the fundraising programs of Alameda’s non-profit organizations and school groups. Your purchases support this effort.
- Small business owners and their employees may be from your neighborhood. By purchasing from local merchants, you keep your friends and neighbors employed.
- Local sales tax dollars pay for the upkeep of our local parks and help keep Alameda safe for our families. (When you shop at a mall outside of Alameda, where do you think those tax dollars go?)
- Shopping and dining in the Park Street Business District can be a fun social event to enjoy with friends and family, whether it’s planned in advance or you just happen to meet them on the street.
** Save the Date! **
Alameda’s Holiday Tree Lighting Ceremony is on Saturday, December 1!
# # #
“Small Business Saturday” is Saturday, November 24. But don’t wait until November 24 to visit local shops… You’re invited to join local businesses this week for some hometown holiday cheer!
Sway Holiday Mixer
Thursday, November 15; 7:00-9:00pm
Sway Alameda invites you to a night of Fashion, Fun, and Food! Free drinks, snacks, goody bags, and 10% off the entire store! Come shop around and have some drinks on the house!
Sway is all about having fun with clothes in an exciting and friendly atmosphere! Specializing in hip women’s styles, Sway Alameda is a popular shopping destination, centrally located on Park Street. Sway Alameda sells fashionable and funky blouses, skirts, dresses, jeans, shoes, and accessories.
Sway Alameda, 1350 Park Street, Website: www.swaychic.com
* * * *
You are invited to Silk Road’s Harvest Party! Food, Raffle, Prizes, Discounts! Meet local artists and vendors! Get free samples!
Special Message from Silk Road: “Help Alameda families have a great holiday! Bring a food item to donate to the Alameda Food Bank and receive discount coupons to use at Silk Road throughout the holiday season. Help us fill our bin and fill tables throughout Alameda this holiday season!”
Silk Road is a family-run local artist and international fair trade store nestled in the heart of Alameda’s Park Street Business District. Silk Road sells gifts, clothing, home decor, and knitting supplies. The shop also offers craft workshops for all ages.
Silk Road, 1412 Park Street, Website: www.marcopolosilkroad.wordpress.com
# # #
Shop Park Street! The Park Street Business District offers great food & drink establishments, charming shops, professional services, and fun things to do! For a list of local businesses, go to: www.ShopParkStreet.com/businessdirectory.