The winners of Alameda Magazine’s annual poll have been announced! Congratulations to all the downtown businesses that were selected “Best of Alameda 2014.” As usual, there are a lot of them — a total of 44! So it’s no surprise that Park Street was once again selected by islander dwellers as the Best Shopping District in Alameda.
Taking top honors for individual awards are a number of well-established businesses that received multiple “Best of Alameda 2014” awards:
- Pappo was recognized for Best Restaurant, Best California Cuisine, Best Steaks, Best Wine List, Best Date Night Restaurant, Best Chef, Best Restaurant Service, and Most Charitable Business.
- Scolari’s Good Eats was voted Best Burger, Best Sandwiches, and Best Late Night Munchies Spot.
- La Penca Azul received honors for being selected for Best Mexican, and having the Biggest Portions, Best Happy Hour Food, and Best Happy Hour Crowd.
- Lucky 13 was selected for Best Bar, Best Neighborhood Bar, Best Beer Selection, Friendliest Bar, and Best Bartenders.
But some of Downtown Alameda’s newest businesses certainly weren’t overlooked. Consider the following list of winners to be a hearty recommendation to check out the newer “Best of Alameda” businesses:
- American Oak (2319 Park St) Best Spirits Selection
- Central Vegetarian (1613 Park St) Best Vegetarian Restaurant
- CRAFT Beer & Wine (2526 Santa Clara Ave) Best Business Mash Up
- Greens & Grains (1650 Park St, Suite H) Best Salads
- High Scores Arcade (1414 Park St) Best Under 21 Hangout
- JP Seafood Company (2300 Central Ave) Best Seafood Retailer
- Juniper Tree Vintage (1320 Park St) Best Consignment or Vintage Clothing
- Mama Papa Lithuania (1241 Park St) Best Comfort Food
- Redux Studios & Gallery (2315 Lincoln Ave) Best Gallery Openings
- Seven Salon (1629 Park St) Best New Business
- Subpar Miniature Golf (1511 Park St) Best Place to Schedule a Kid’s Event
To view an alphabetic list of ALL the “Best of Alameda 2014” winners located in Alameda’s downtown Park Street Business District, visit our summary page: https://parkstreetbusiness.wordpress.com/best-of-alameda/
If you would like to enjoy the great photos and business spotlights that accompany the original “Best of Alameda 2014” article, look for a copy of the Alameda Magazine July 2014 issue at Books Inc. (1344 Park Street), De Lauer’s Newsstand (1412 Park Street), and other great shops located in the Park Street Business District. Or view the digital version on Alameda Magazine’s website: www.alamedamagazine.com.
Downtown Alameda is indisputably a special place. Thank you to every single business in Downtown Alameda for making the Park Street Business District “The Best Shopping District in Alameda!”
We’d like to hear about your choices… What are your favorite businesses in Downtown Alameda? Which places would you recommend to friends and what do you like best about those businesses? Add your comments below.
# # #
The Park Street Business District offers great food & drink establishments, charming shops, friendly services, and fun things to do! To learn more about the businesses and events in Downtown Alameda, visit our website: www.ShopParkStreet.com/news. You can also find the “Park Street Business Association” on Facebook and Twitter.
Save the date for Alameda’s “Best Annual Event!” The Park Street Art & Wine Faire takes place July 26 & 27.