This week’s happenings in the Park Street Business District: View Calendar
We invite you to take a stroll in the Park Street Business District and explore the wonderful transition that is taking place in Downtown Alameda. There continues to be plenty of changes in our commercial, cultural, and civic center… new businesses have opened, some businesses have been remodeled, and even more businesses are anticipated to be open soon.
The Park Street Business Association welcomes the following new businesses to Downtown Alameda’s historic shopping district:
AEC Living, 1516 Oak Street #100
* Administrative offices for Alameda Elder Communities (Waters Edge Lodge, etc).
Classy Nail Spa, 1317 Park Street
* Quality manicures, pedicures, and nail design. Walk-ins and appointments.
Jo Anne Yada, 2315 Lincoln Ave
* DIY upcycling classes held at Redux Studios & Gallery; voted “Best Artist” by Alameda Magazine readers.
Lost City Antiques, 1519 Park Street
* Co-op space with over 20 dealers offering antiques and collectibles. (formerly Park Street Antiques)
Lovely, 1414 Everett Ave
* Specializing in eyebrow shaping, brow and lash tinting, body waxing, spray tans, and Eminence Organic skincare. In collaboration with Complements Hair Design
Mercy and Grace Home Healthcare and Hospice Services, 1516 Oak Street #104
* In-home care and supportive services.
The ReCrafting Co., 2449 Santa Clara Ave
* Consignment crafting supplies.
Sakura Sushi & Grill, 2408 Santa Clara Ave (remodel and expansion)
Super Scholars, 2451 Santa Clara Ave (new location)
Kumon Math & Reading Center, 2325 Alameda Ave
McGee’s Bar & Grill, 1645 Park Street (now owned by Tim & Tracy Goodman; happy retirement to John & Linda Costello)
Pretty Hair Salon, 1219 Park Street
More Businesses in the Works:
Alameda Grocery, 2536 Santa Clara Ave
Alameda Island Brewing Company, 1716 Park Street
Capone’s Speakeasy, 1400 Park Street — Grand Opening August 30
Park Place Tavern, 1437 Park Street
Pippa & Co., 2544 Santa Clara Ave — opening in September
Sabai Salon and Dry Bar, 2515 Santa Clara Ave #102
Studio D, 2329 Santa Clara Ave
Walgreens, 1600 Park Street — Grand Opening September 4
Scolari’s Good Eats, 1303Park Street — closed for remodeling until August 28
Fire Den and Mama Rose’s Recipes, 1231 Park Street — closed for remodeling until September 3
Park Jewelers, 1401 1/2 Park Street — closed for remodeling
Do you know of a new business not mentioned above? Please let us know by posting a comment. Thank you!
# # #
The Park Street Business District offers great food & drink establishments, charming shops, professional services, and fun things to do! To learn more about the businesses and events in Downtown Alameda, visit our website: www.ShopParkStreet.com/news. You can also find the “Park Street Business Association” on Facebook and Twitter.