This week’s happenings in the Park Street Business District: View Calendar
We invite you to take a stroll in the Park Street Business District and explore the wonderful changes that continue to take place in Downtown Alameda’s commercial, cultural, and civic center… new businesses have opened, some businesses have changed hands, and even more businesses are anticipated to open soon.
The Park Street Business Association welcomes the following new businesses to Downtown Alameda’s historic shopping district:
New Businesses (November):
Banh Mi Shop, 2353 Santa Clara Ave
* Vietnamese sandwiches, spring rolls, and gelato.
Helios Images, 1242 Park Street #B
* Intimate destination weddings and lifestyle portraiture.
Little Psychic Shop, 1407 1/2 Park Street
* Spiritual life coach: palm, tarot cards, psychic reader.
Sabai Salon & Blow Dry Bar, 2515 Santa Clara Ave #102
* Upscale, full-service hair salon offering high quality beauty services.
More New Businesses:
Alameda Personal Training, 2414 Central Ave
* Individual exercise training and group fitness (Zumba, QuickFit, and Yoga).
Capone’s Speakeasy, 1400 Park Street
* Lounge experience in the spirit of the Roaring Twenties – specialty drinks, small plates, live music.
Pippa & Co., 2544 Santa Clara Ave
* Unique and handmade party decor, accessories, and gifts; plus design workshops.
Studio D, 2329 Santa Clara Ave
* Beginning and intermediate Ballet classes for adults led by Oakland Ballet Principal David Bertlin.
Therapy Home, 1428 Park Street
* Eclectic selection of furniture, home decor, and accessories for all budgets.
Walgreens, 1600 Park Street
* The East Bay’s newest “Well Experience” flagship store.
Xuan’s Beauty Salon, 2313 Santa Clara Ave #A
* Hair care for women and men; walk-ins welcome. (formerly Hair House)
New Associate Members:
M&M Antiques and Collectibles, 2307-D Blanding Ave
* Unique and quality antiques and collectibles; owned and operated by Michael and Michelle Kelley.
Detect All, 1805 Clement Ave, Suite D
* Security and fire systems for residential and commercial.
Island Pets, alamedaislandpets.com
* Full-service, veterinarian recommended, in-home pet sitting company.
Aphrodite’s Closet, 1419 Park Street
Gim’s Chinese Kitchen, 2322 Lincoln Ave
Alameda Physical Therapy, 1700 Park Street, Suite 200
Businesses in the Works:
Alameda Cinema Grill, 2301 Central Ave
Alameda Grocery, 2536 Santa Clara Ave
Alameda Island Brewing Company, 1716 Park Street
Crispian Bakery, 1700 Park Street #120
Divine De-Lites, 1419 Park Street
Kirsten Fairbanks, 1500 Park Street #9
Tootsies, 1350 Park Street #A
Park Place Tavern, 1437 Park Street
Do you know of a new business not mentioned above? Please let us know by posting a comment.
# # #
The Park Street Business District offers great food & drink establishments, charming shops, professional services, and fun things to do! To learn more about the businesses and events in Downtown Alameda, visit our website: www.ShopParkStreet.com/news. You can also find the “Park Street Business Association” on Facebook, Twitter, and other social sites.