The Downtown Alameda Business Association (DABA) is proud to bring the annual annual Art & Wine Faire to Downtown Alameda each year. We hope you, your family, and your friends were able to join us for a terrific weekend in Alameda’s downtown district.
We keep saying that each year is “bigger and better” and it’s true… each year does get bigger and better! This year saw the biggest turnout and the biggest smiles during the event’s span of 32 years. Even with the large crowds, people were calling it “mellow.” We think this is a testament to the smooth operations that makes it fun for everyone. And we’re happy you could be part of it.
We saw plenty of activity and fun throughout the weekend…
- Thousands of people were enjoying the huge selection of arts, crafts, and food vendors.
- The four beverage stations were pouring beer and wine almost nonstop. (Thanks to Alameda Island Brewing Company and Rock Wall Wine Company, we think we have the best beer and wine selection in the Bay Area!)
- People of all ages were kicking back and dancing to the lively music on our two stages. (Who can resist the music made famous by The Beach Boys, The Cars, The Doobie Brothers, The Eagles, and Santana?)
- Parents and kids were having a blast in the two kids’ areas while spectators had fun watching the kids roll around in those wacky waterballs.
- Folks were enjoying all of interactive activities scattered around the downtown district, including Alameda’s own The Dilly Dallies and Alameda String Academy.
- Lots of festival-goers were also taking the time to visit our local shops and restaurants.
To see what we are talking about, view more photos in our photo album on Facebook.
Our annual events mean a great deal to Downtown Alameda and the Downtown Alameda Business Association. Not only are we able to offer family fun and an opportunity for friends to reconnect in Downtown Alameda, but proceeds from the our street fairs are used to maintain and enhance the downtown district. Without your support of the annual Art & Wine Faire we couldn’t promote and maintain Downtown Alameda and the historic Park Street District as the vibrant downtown we all love.
Funds collected through sponsorship and beverage sales help us beautify the downtown district — from new recycling units to street banners. Proceeds are also used to promote our shopping district both on and off the island to bring more shoppers to Alameda, which helps generate more sales tax revenue for the City of Alameda’s general fund. All this helps to create a safe and inviting shopping district for our community.
Thank you ALL for supporting our events, the merchants, and your downtown community!
–Downtown Alameda Business Association
# # #
You’ll always find great food & drink establishments, charming shops, friendly services, and fun things to do in Downtown Alameda! To learn more about the businesses and events in Downtown Alameda, visit our new website: www.DowntownAlameda.com.
Downtown Alameda is the commercial, cultural, and civic center of our island city. We represent over 425 businesses on Park Street and beyond. Follow us on your favorite social media sites for updates: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Google+