If you haven’t quite rallied your holiday spirit yet, take a stroll in Downtown Alameda and enjoy all the wintry, whimsical wonder that is on display in over 30 of the downtown business windows. Local artists from 2nd Friday ArtWalks have been teamed up with downtown businesses to create dazzling holiday window displays this season.
Discover all the wonderful nooks and crannies along Park Street and throughout the Downtown Alameda shopping district as you view the creative work of these artists, from imaginative creatures to trees made of ice cream cones:
• Alana Dill – Toy Safari (1410 Park St.)
• Ash Cheshire – D20 Games (1530 Park St.)
• Charlise Tiee – Starland School of Music (1631 Park St.)
• Dave Sylvester – Books Inc. (1344 Park St.)
• Erin Crociani – Lauren’s Closet (1420 Park St.)
• Jamie Banes – REMAX Tribute (2437 Santa Clara Ave.)
• Kari Barnes – Tootsies Alameda (1350 A Park St.)
• Lisa Bigeleisen – Glass Tek (1726 Park St.)
• Melody Kennedy – Alameda See Spot Run (2510 Santa Clara Ave.)
• Nikki Romero – The Sewing Room (2434 Webb Ave.)
• Paradise Osorio – Lanvie (1419 Park St.)
• Ryan Christifer LaLonde – Tucker’s Ice Cream (1349 Park St.)
• Vivianesque Young – Park Jewelers (1401 1/2 Park St.)
• Wes-N-Jess Warren – Alameda Marketplace (1650 Park St.)
View artist profiles at www.fridayartwalk.com/holiday-window-contest to learn more about the creative minds behind the windows listed above.
While exploring the district, look for these additional businesses that have decorated their storefronts for this season’s Downtown Alameda Holiday Window Contest:
All Good Living, Bead Inspirations, C&M Upholstery, Crispian Bakery, Dandelion Flowers & Gifts, Fort Knox, Hearing Zone, Janene’s Bridal Boutique, Julie’s Coffee & Tea Garden, Lost City Antiques, Starbaby Studio, Studio 23, The Local, Tot Tank, Twirl, and We Are Hair.
How to Vote:
-Take a photo of your favorite participating window
-Post it on Facebook, Instagram, and/or Twitter
-Tag your photo with #DAHWC.
-Be sure to include the store name in your post!
Shop Late Thursdays
The shops are joining downtown restaurants, bars, and entertainment venues in staying open late on Thursday nights during the holiday season. Grab a bite to eat, catch a movie, or toast the holidays with co-workers and then get a little holiday shopping done afterwards. Look for the Shop Late Here posters in windows around the downtown district.
For more details about all the holiday activities in Downtown Alameda, go to www.DowntownAlameda.com/Holidays.
Use our interactive map to find participating businesses.
# # #
You’ll always find great food & drink establishments, charming shops, friendly services, and fun things to do in Downtown Alameda! To learn more about the businesses and events in Downtown Alameda, visit our new website: www.DowntownAlameda.com.
Downtown Alameda is the commercial, cultural, and civic center of our island city. We represent over 425 businesses in the Historic Park Street District and nearby side streets. Follow us on your favorite social media sites for updates: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Google+