Congratulations to the winners of this year’s Downtown Alameda Holiday Window Contest!
Local artists from 2nd Friday ArtWalks were teamed up with Downtown Alameda businesses to create dazzling holiday window displays. To see all the whimsical wonder that is on display, be sure to take a stroll in the downtown district before the year ends. You’ll be delighted by the imaginative creatures, delicious trees, adventurous mountainsides, snowy galaxies, fanciful dresses, and more. You’ll also see why the judges had an extremely difficult task of selecting the best of the best.
• Best Overall – Tucker’s Ice Cream, 1349 Park Street (artist: Ryan LaLonde)
• Most Creative – Books Inc., 1344 Park Street (artist: Dave Sylvester)
• Best Use of Lights – RE/MAX Tribute, 2437 Santa Clara Ave (artist: Jamie Banes)
• Best Use of Product/Merchandise – Toy Safari, 1410 Park Street (artist: Alana Dill)
• Social Media Favorite – The Sewing Room, 2434 Webb Ave (artist: Nikki Romero)
• Alameda Marketplace • Dandelion Flowers & Gifts • Janene’s Bridal Boutique • We Are Hair • Tootsies Alameda
Learn more about the creative personalities behind each of the holiday windows by viewing the artists’ profiles on the 2nd Friday ArtWalk website: www.fridayartwalk.com/holiday-window-contest
# # #
Discover great food & drink establishments, charming shops, friendly services, and fun things to do in Downtown Alameda! Visit our website to find out more about the businesses and happenings in Downtown Alameda: www.DowntownAlameda.com.
Downtown Alameda is the commercial, cultural, and civic center of our island city. We represent over 425 businesses in the Historic Park Street District and nearby side streets. Follow us on your favorite social media sites for updates: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Google+