When visiting Downtown Alameda, it’s sometimes easy to miss the businesses that occupy spaces above and behind the street-level storefronts. If you take the time to explore the district, you might be surprised at what you find. It could be a welcoming studio that offers quality tattoos, a t-shirt design house that brings attitude to current affairs, or even a high-tech spa that provides whole-body cold therapy for professional athletes (and people like you).
Help welcome the newest businesses to Alameda. The next time you’re in Downtown Alameda, stop by and check them out.
3Dot Art Gallery, 2309A Encinal Ave
* Innovative specialty gallery offering various forms of unique art.
Causewear, 1361 Park Street, Suite 218
* Wholesale and custom design t-shirts with “Attitude.” (Look for their t-shirts at Doumitt Shoes.)
Kris Velsaco, LCSW, 1516 Oak Street #313
* Kris has over 15 years of experience in helping people through painful times and hard changes.
Lucky 13 Tattoos, 1301-1/2 Park Street
* Locally owned and operated shop with a team of diverse artists crafting quality tattoos.
Redux Cryotherapy, 2416A Central Ave, Suite #D
* Revive, recover, and rejuvenate with whole-body cold therapy treatments. Single sessions and packages available.
Stitches, 2537 Santa Clara Ave
* High quality custom sewing, clothing alterations, and tailoring.
Bambu Desserts, 1321 Park Street
Big Discount Tire Pros, 1200 Park Street (formerly Big O Tires)
In the Works: Read the rest of this entry »